Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ 100 mg, 30 Softgels
CoQ10 is required to convert fats and sugars into usable cellular energy. And our Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ contains three key nutrients to boost energy production at the cellular level: super-absorbable ubiquinol CoQ10, shilajit, and PQQ. The cellular energy support these nutrients provide benefits your heart, brain, kidneys … and all the other cells in your body which require high levels of energy to function properly.
Benefits at a Glance
- Contains the better-absorbed ubiquinolform of CoQ10
- Ubiquinol CoQ10 stays in the bloodstream longer
- Shilajit doubles CoQ10 levels in the mitochondria
- PQQ nutrient promotes the generation of new mitochondria
Ubiquinol form of CоQ10
More people are supplementing with CоQ10 than ever before. A key reason is increased awareness that the body’s production of CоQ10 declines significantly with advancing age.1 Statin drugs also deplete CоQ10 levels in the blood, and possibly, tissues.2,3 For example, statin drugs reduce plasma CоQ10 by almost 40%—but the aging process itself reduces CоQ10 levels in the heart muscle wall by 72%.4
Studies show that absorption of the ubiquinol form of CоQ10 is far greater than the conventional ubiquinone form. In middle-aged mice, ubiquinol was shown to be 40% more effective in slowing measurements of aging, compared to ubiquinone.5 Life Extension® offers this highly bioavailable ubiquinol form of patented CоQ10 in an advanced delivery system, providing an unparalleled absorption level.6
Enhanced Support with Shilajit
PrimaVie® shilajit is a nutrient that has been shown to double levels of CоQ10 in mitochondria.7 Combining CоQ10 and shilajit produced a 56% increase in energy production in the brain—40% better than CоQ10 alone. And in muscle cells there was a 144% increase in energy production—27% better than CоQ10 alone.8
Shilajit stabilizes CоQ10 in its superior ubiquinol form.9,10 Shilajit also facilitates more efficient delivery of CоQ10 into the mitochondria, which results in greater cellular energy production.11-14 Plus, shilajit itself is rich in compounds that help the mitochondria convert fats and sugars into ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the body’s main source of energy.12
PQQ Promotes Growth of New Mitochondria
PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) is a nutrient that promotes the production of new mitochondria.15 In fact, PQQ promotes youthful cellular function in three distinct ways:
- Promotes mitochondrial biogenesis. PQQ activates genes that promote the formation of fresh mitochondria.15 It also beneficially interacts with genes directly involved in mitochondrial health. These same genes support healthy body weight, normal fat and sugar metabolism and youthful cellular proliferation.16
- Mitochondrial defense. Mitochondria possess their own DNA, distinct from those contained in the cell nucleus. Unfortunately, compared to nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA are relatively unprotected—and yet situated at the source of both energy and free-radical production. PQQ’s antioxidant potency and favorable gene-expression profile act to support mitochondrial defense.
- Antioxidant power. PQQ is a potent antioxidant. Its extraordinary molecular stability enables it to facilitate thousands of antioxidant reactions in the mitochondria—without breaking down—for maximum antioxidant and bioenergetic support.17
Research demonstrates that PQQs unique nutritional profile supports heart health and brain function — alone, and especially in combination with CоQ10.18-20 The optimal dose of PQQ is 20 mg each day. Customers taking Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer, Mitochondrial Basics, or PQQ 10 mg caps obtain this optimal PQQ dose when taking Super Ubiquinol CоQ10 with PQQ. Try it today!
- Mech Ageing Dev. 2010 Apr;131(4):225-35.
- Mitochondrion. 2007 Jun;7 Suppl:S168-74.
- Cardiol Rev. 2005 Mar-Apr;13(2):76-9.
- Biofactors. 1999;9(2-4):291-9.
- Exp Gerontol. 2006 Feb;41(2):130-40.
- Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2007 Feb;47(1):19-28.
- Systemic CoQ level in animals: Part II. Unpublished study. Natreon, Inc.:2007.12.
- Pharmacologyonline. 2009;1:817-25.
- Pharmacologyonline. 2009;2:690-8.
- Electron J Biotechn. 2008 Jul 15;11(3).
- Environ Sci Technol. 2002 Jul 15;36(14):3170-5.
- Environ Sci Technol. 2009 Feb 1;43(3):878-83.
- Environ Sci Technol. 2002 May 1;36(9):1939-46.
- Ghosal S. Shilajit in Perspective. Alpha Science International Limited; 2006.
- J Biol Chem. 2010 Jan 1;285:142-52.
- Available at: here . Accessed May 21, 2013.
- Alt Med Rev. 2009; 14(3):268-77.
- Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2004 Nov;18(6):421-31.
- J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2006 Jun;11(2):119-28.
- FOOD Style. 2009;21:13(7)50-3.
Life Extension Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ 100 mg – 30 Softgels
Life Extension continues to develop increasingly potent mitochondria-boosting formulations. Life Extension Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ contains shilajit (which studies have shown doubles CoQ10 levels in the mitochondria) plus the breakthrough compound PQQ (shown to support the spontaneous generation of new mitochondria in aging cells). This represents a three-way strategy for enhanced mitochondrial support.
1. Super Ubiquinol CoQ10
CoQ10 is required to convert the energy from fats and sugars you eat into usable cellular energy. More people are supplementing with CoQ10 than ever before. A key reason is increased awareness that the body’s production of CoQ10 declines significantly with advancing age. Statin drugs also deplete CoQ10 levels in the blood, and possibly, tissues. For example, statin drugs reduce plasma CoQ10 by almost 40%—but the aging process itself reduces CoQ10 levels in the heart muscle wall by 72%.
Studies show that absorption of the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 is far greater than the conventional ubiquinone form. In middle-aged mice, ubiquinol was shown to be 40% more effective in slowing measurements of aging, compared to ubiquinone. Life Extension offers this highly bioavailable ubiquinol form of patented CoQ10 in an advanced delivery system, providing an unparalleled absorption level.
2. Enhanced Support with Shilajit
PrimaVie shilajit has been shown to double levels of CoQ10 in mitochondria. Combining CoQ10 and shilajit produced a 56% increase in energy production in the brain—40% better than CoQ10 alone. And in muscle, there was a 144% increase in energy production—27% better than CoQ10 alone.
- Promotes mitochondrial biogenesis. PQQ activates genes that promote the formation of fresh mitochondria. It also beneficially interacts with genes directly involved in mitochondrial health. These same genes support healthy body weight, normal fat and sugar metabolism and youthful cellular proliferation.
- Mitochondrial defense. Mitochondria possess their own DNA, distinct from those contained in the cell nucleus. Unfortunately, compared to nuclear DNA, mitochondrial DNA are relatively unprotected—and yet situated at the source of both energy and free-radical production. PQQ’s antioxidant potency and favorable gene-expression profile powerfully boost mitochondrial defense.
- Antioxidant power. PQQ is a potent antioxidant. Its extraordinary molecular stability enables it to facilitate thousands of antioxidant reactions in the mitochondria—without breaking down—for maximum antioxidant and bioenergetic support.
PQQ is an essential nutrient, meaning that your body cannot make it on its own. A wealth of research demonstrates that—alone and especially in combination with CoQ10—its unique nutritional profile supports heart health and brain function. This should be no surprise, given how much energy these vital organs need.
Life Extension Frequently Asked Questions
What are Life Extension’s quality control standards?
Life Extension uses only premium quality vitamins and other ingredients. Their dedication to excellence insists that their nutritional supplements meet the highest standards and criteria.
That is why Life Extension insists on purchasing only the highest quality raw materials from all over the world, primarily from leading US, Japanese and European sources. Life Extension goes one step further by using advanced analytical methods, such as high-performance liquid chromatography and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, to ensure their products meet label claims for potency and purity. Life Extension tests its raw materials using US Pharmacopeia and other exacting pharmaceutical assay standards.
Why are Life Extension’s nutritional supplements more advanced than other dietary supplements?
The unique ingredients included in Life Extension’s products are often years ahead of the products sold by commercial vitamin companies. Life Extension scientists analyze thousands of scientific studies every week to make sure their health-promoting formulas include the most advanced life extending ingredients in the world. The Foundation interacts with the world’s foremost gerontology researchers in order to obtain inside information about anti-aging breakthroughs before these findings are published. The Life Extension Foundation funds the most advanced anti-ischemia laboratory in the world, where antioxidant vitamins, hormones, and pharmaceutical agents are used to prevent free radical induced cellular damage.
Are Life Extension vitamins natural or synthetic?
Life Extension carries a combination of natural and synthetic vitamins and supplements. Some advertising statements would have them believe that “natural” is better, but natural supplements in some instances contain impurities such as pollen and naturally occurring hormones that can cause problems for some people. Synthetic nutrients are manufactured to be chemically identical (with the exception of vitamin E) to those extracted from natural sources, and are the most pure nutrient vitamins.
What does Life Extension do to ensure the quality of its products?
They focus on three specific areas.
- Raw Materials: Unlike other supplement companies, the natural ingredients that go into our supplements are not chosen based on cost. Instead they are chosen based on purity (to exclude contaminants such as microbes and heavy metals), potency, and usage in successful scientific research.
- Validation of the Efficacy of Ingredients by Scientific Research: We use ingredients and dosages that accurately replicate the most successful results obtained in scientific studies for maximum efficacy.
- Manufacturing: Naturally, we are in strict compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) for manufacturing, packaging, and storage.
Does the label accurately list exactly what’s in the bottle?
Yes. All active ingredients from patented, scientifically validated raw materials as well as final, finished products are verified using advanced analytical methods such as HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatography), MS (mass spectrometry), etc., to ensure each and every product accurately meets label claims in strict compliance with their demanding product specifications.
When it comes to supplements, is cost an indicator of quality?
Where Life Extension is concerned, yes. Patented materials validated in scientific studies cost more — period. In contrast with many commercial brands focused on driving up margins by using the cheapest raw materials available, Life Extension collaborates with raw material suppliers who invest in scientific validation of their ingredients, which increases material costs. With Life Extension products, you get the quality you pay for.
What are the “Other Ingredients” on the label, and why are they important?
They are inactive ingredients (excipients) that play a number of critical, essential roles in the manufacturing process including:
- Achieving uniform density for accurate dosing
- Dispersing the active ingredients evenly throughout a solid tablet, capsule, and softgel
- Protecting active ingredients from rapid inactivation due to heat and moisture
- Promoting tablet disintegration, as well as capsule and softgel dissolution
- Sustaining the release of active ingredients into the body over time
Why do some companies refer to these excipients as a threat to your health?
Claiming any product is “pure and free of excipients” can be deceptive advertising, too frequently used to draw attention away from inferior active ingredients! The right inactive ingredients used in the right way do important things … like ensuring that a tablet disintegrates in your GI tract rather than just passing through your system without benefit, or keeping a product from breaking down and being susceptible to microbes. Take Life Extension blueberry extract, for example. It contains AuroraBlue wild-harvested, Alaskan blueberries. To retain their nutritional complexity, these berries are freeze-dried and carefully milled for capsule formulation. But being a whole fruit raw material, it tends to want to reconstitute itself with moisture, which would make it a breeding ground for bacteria. So Life Extension uses a drying excipient to keep the milled blueberry material dry, so it can safely deliver its superior nutritional value compared with other, less costly blueberry extracts in most commercial formulations.
All of the excipients Life Extension uses have earned GRAS (“Generally Regarded As Safe”) status. In many cases not using them compromises final product quality! Excipients are used in nutritional supplements to ensure uniform density of complex active materials, to achieve even dispersion of active ingredients, and to promote appropriate disintegration and/or dissolution of active ingredients inside your body.
Should I be concerned about the use of stearic acid?
Stearic acid functions as a flow agent in the manufacture of quality products, and stearic acid also occurs naturally in the foods you eat. For example, four ounces of dark chocolate contain 3,625 mg of stearic acid; a cup of kidney beans contains 1,655 mg of stearic acid; an ounce of raw ground beef (grass-fed) contains 2,063 mg of stearic acid; and a half pound of lean raw turkey contains 1,642 mg of stearic acid. Even a tablespoon of allspice contains 1,513 mg of stearic acid! Life Extension supplements, on the other hand, typically contain no more than 10 mg per capsule. They always use the lowest level of magnesium stearate possible.
Should I be concerned that products with soybean oil or lecithin are a source of phytoestrogens?
While it is true that soy isoflavones are phytoestrogens, the amount in soybean oil or lecithin is so minute, the USDA lists it in foods as having zero value for isoflavones. To give you a frame of reference, Life Extension’s Ultra Natural Prostate contains 4 mg of lecithin which supplies only about 0.006 mg of soy isoflavones!
Should I be concerned with the usage of genetically modified plants (GMOs)?
Soybeans are an example of a crop that has used extensive genetic engineering to increase crop yield. The reality is that soybean oil and soy lecithin are highly processed derivatives of soy, far removed from their soy origin. Genetic modification doesn’t alter the entire plant, only a specific gene. Thus, specific molecules like soy lecithin are the same whether they come from a GMO or non-GMO soy source. However, due to their sensitivity to customer concerns, products with corn and soy-based active ingredients are in process of having the labels updated to list when soy and corn-derived active ingredients have been certified to be from non-GM food crops.
Does the gelatin used in softgels and capsules contain MSG?
Gelatin does not contain MSG, but does contain about 0.05 grams of glutamic acid in one softgel. You ingest about 120 times more glutamic acid in a serving of asparagus, cabbage or tomatoes!
What’s the difference between tablets, capsules and softgels?
Sophisticated products require sophisticated delivery systems. The best companies choose the most effective finished form based on the characteristics of the raw materials, and the desired disintegration or dissolution characteristics of the finished product and the active ingredients.
Why aren’t Life Extension products organic?
The word “organic” conveys the perception of quality to consumers. But it actually relates to foods that are grown rather than products that are formulated. Many of their scientifically validated raw materials are not produced organically. Rather, their mandate includes rigorous testing and scrupulous processing. The objective is purity, both in terms of our raw materials and their finished products.
About Life Extension
Supplement your knowledge on anti-aging and optimal health
The Life Extension Foundation Buyers Club is an organization whose long- range goal is the extension of the healthy human life span. In seeking to control aging, their objective is to develop methods to enable us to live in vigor, health and wellness for an unlimited period of time. Life Extension was established in the early 1980s, but its founders have been involved in the anti- aging field since the 1960s.